Friday, August 20, 2010

The end of phase one...

So, I have just returned home after our final day of the first phase of V&V. We spent the day in Cambridge to work in the last few pieces of music for the show- and once again had the privilage of working with Jeremy who continued to create wonderfully atmospheric, emotive and beautiful music. In the afternoon we ran the show with music, as well as most of our costume and props.
I felt quite overwhelmed when I realised just how much work had been created in such a short space of time, and privilaged to be working with such a wonderful collaboration of people. How often do you get to work with designers who can create an array of costumes in a couple of days, or composers who can write an entire show score in three rehearsals?! It has been amazing to be part of such a generous, creative, collaborative environment. Each and every rehearsal over the past three weeks has been emotional, encouraging, safe, testing, liberating, playful, weighty, thorough....(and though I'll stop there I could add numerous more words to this list...)
After a celebratory glass of champagne and communal picnic we left the beautiful college at Cambridge, and I think I speak for everyone involved when I say that the air was full of excitement for the next stage of V&V. Over the next few weeks Kitty and I will be rehearsing with Hannah before our tech and dress rehearsal weekend. It will be brilliant to finally be able to add the moving backdrop to the play, and I feel confident that its addition will add a whole new layer to the show.
So it is with excitement in my viens, lines running around my brain and a comforting sense of achievement that I give in to my increasingly heavy eyelids and embrace a well deserved nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment